Friday, May 18, 2012

May 14, 2012

What a week!Sister Kang was pretty sure she was leaving...and she was right. when we first got calls I was a little sad...not because I wanted to leave but I was just a little jealous that she was going with Sister Paul...I just prayed to have a companion that would go running with me in the mornings, but then my companion got here :( haha but i am soo so so so so happy with Sister Ganpurev. She's the cutest nicest, most chill and clean missionary it's so amazing. I've been sick so we haven't gone running but i even think i might be able to talk her into it ;)
Our district leader gives me a hard time cause we always get fed...he says you just pick up investigators so they take you to dinner haha..he's just jealous...but seriously...we got fed every single night last week! It was crazy...but so cool :) especially since we don't have much food at home. We have so much traveling we run out of funds fast and don't get to go grocery shopping...so our fridge is a little lonely, but the Lord provides hehe. We had lots of good lessons this week..and even picked up two new investigators. Our English class took us to dinner and two of them said they wanted to start the 30/30 program! So cool. So yesterday was interesting...there's a girl from Scottsdale that just moved here 3 weeks ago to teach English, she doesn't want to go to the English ward cause its too far away so she came to our ward. So i got to translate all of church for her....luckily she doesn't know how much she missed or the fact that I made up parts hehe but it was pretty fun, definitely helped me focus and I think I understood a lot more than I thought. 
 
OK so I want to share a few of my favorite quotes of the week...and maybe from before then too. 
1)  I have a little investigator named Carly and we read a big book that has different stories in it and one was about Martin Luther King...well naturally she doesn't know about Martin and so I try to explain a little background about blacks and whites and she says " ya i don't know him, i just only know Obama." haha...yikes
2) First day with new companion. Find out her stomach is hurt , she went to Doc and he told her it's cause shes eating a lot of food (poor girls eaten healthy in her country (Mongolia) all her life and then goes to MTC and gains like 30 lbs) he tells her if she wants to die young she can keep eating that way, so she says to me "well Jesus and Joseph Smith died young, I guess it wouldn't be so bad"  haha...i said yeah but i think theirs was a little more honorable hehe.
3) While I was whining about gaining weight to Sister Kang (or maybe Sister Lee AH cant remember) she said " you aren't gaining weight, you just feel like it cause you are filled with the Holy Ghost"  nice come back right...missionary humor...gotta love it.
4) met a guy who wanted to learn English, my age...came to English class and we invited to soccer and he came a few times...one of the times while we were on the bus he tried to speak English and say his foot was sick. in Korean sick and hurt are same word...so he translated to English but used sick instead of hurt haha I laughed pretty hard...maybe i already told you that story sorry.
I will think of more while i go read your letter
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment