Friday, January 6, 2012

January 1, 2012 "Have Luck"

Monday night we went knocking doors., it's so fun.  There's not houses so we just go to the top floor of apartments or villas and knock our way down the levels.  But they have intercoms so usually we just have a conversation through the door.  It's funny cause our Korean is bad enough but through the muffled door, 5 minutes of the conversation is them saying" What?" "Who are you" "WHO?" "What?"  good times.  Then we had the cute little family...I'm going to try to send a video of nam-he she is so cute.  It's a story about a mosquito!She says to notice the cute little brother in the background too!



Tuesday was fun we went from appointment to another all day. Helen, our member makes us lunch every Tuesday then we race back to church had 2 lessons, 2nd one was with Marsha and Nicolo.  Two English class members, but Nicolo is also learning German from Sister Seipel so while they do German, Marsha and I do English.  Then we all went to dinner together, then Marsha wanted to buy us ice cream, so she invited a different girl that comes to English to come with us, and we had an unplanned lesson with both of them that was soooo good!  They have both been going to missionary's English classes for a long time and know a lot about the church but haven't tried to find out for themselves if it's true, so we talked, they both were so interested and wow it was just good, I haven't seen them focus so well when we do gospel time!

Wednesday had district meeting...always fun, love my zone.  Then the Elders and us all went to a less active Grandma's house and caroled, it was cute she knew all the words to every song!  Every Wednesday night is English class, which is always fun too. 

 Thursday  we went street boarding with our zone leaders and a couple other companionships in a different area, it was fun to go somewhere new and it was a pretty successful day.  I think they got 10 numbers that wanted to meet again!  We came back and had dinner with another English class member, Maria and then we had a different English class haha they really like learning English!

Friday and Saturday..same ole same ole...Holiday since no one came to dance but Maria but she likes it that way so we can do ballet.  I got a letter from the St. Johns Seminary kids...so weird I knew maybe 4 names, I can't believe how old  I am!  Which reminds me, on the new year everyone turns a year older, so I am now 25!  I realized yesterday that I will never be 23, I went from 22 in America to 24 in Korea and when I go home I'll go from 25 to 24...so no 23 but 24 and 25 twice!!!!

Sunday, Had such a fun meal at members, the family is moving so invited the whole ward over, I can't even explain how cool this is, there was over 25 people in this tiny front room, all squished in practically on top of each other and everyone's family, it's so cool...it really is just a big family, it's so cool.  I sat by han-ee-eem she is so funny, she's one of the ladys in a picture I sent , she made me race her eating pees and corn one at a time with chopsticks....I won!  :)  She made me eat so much!  and She'd just laugh and say in English "You can do and then the oranges" so she piled like 8 oranges in my lap.  Oh man, she had me laughing tears all night.  Hope all is well, drive safe!  Have a good week!

Sister Richardson also told us that transfer calls would be Monday night the 2nd...she was hoping that she wouldn't be moved because she was looking forward to starting a kids gymnastics class.  So this Sunday we will hear if she moved or not and where to if she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment