Friday, January 6, 2012

We got Snail Mail from Sister Richardson!

We received an actual letter from Sister Richardson - it arrived Dec 21, 2011, she had mailed it the 14th.  She thought since she doesn't have much time when she e-mails - she'd give us a little more detail in a real letter.  So here is her letter :
"I just opened  up my journal to the day where we went to the Soccer field but there was a team practicing so we couldn't play.  But they have these exercise machines so I was pretending to do Pull-ups and such (But I was really watching the game ) and all of a sudden I see an old man grab my ball and dribble off with it!  I thought "Oh he's just going around the track....NOPE! He was headed home!  So I ran after him cause I had just bought that ball and spent an hour blowing it up!  It was pretty funny, Now we see him every morning and he apologizes! haha   Another funny story...I told you about cute little family, well first time we visited them they opened the door, saw us, screamed (something in Korean) "Foriegner!" and then they ran away as the door closed.  haha I Love it!

Thursday nights we have an English/Gospel Principles class and one of the recent converts said the prayer.  He being the only member there.  He said "If anyone here has questions or doubts I want you to give them proof like you gave me!"  It was the coolest thing to hear.  I think one of the hardest things is when we can't help someone.  I met a girl who is homeless & slightly...ok...straight up crazy but she was so cute & she loved me but I just...there's nothing I can do for her I felt useless, like I'm supposed to be a representative of Christ...so I think "what would He do if He were here"  but  He would heal them! What am I supposed to do!? But I guess I just know that He is still going to take care of her needs.  She was so funny, when I first saw her she stopped dead in middle of street.  So I went & said "Hi & She smiled & Held out the food in her hand offering it to me.  We saw Her another time on the street & she grabs my hand, since I was cold she took off running,.....still holding my hand & we go to a store - like a Pharmacy & I don't know what they are saying but somehow I end up with a small brown liquid bottle & She's telling me to drink!  haha   She would carry a little tiger, sometimes it was her baby, sometimes her boyfriend, oh man. That's all the time for this week.  We'll have A_LOT to Catch up on!!   I'll try to sleep now.  Love, love, love. "
 

No comments:

Post a Comment