Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 2, 2012


We had a good week. Picked up a new 구도자, its so much easier to write
then investigator so from now on...just know that that’s what it means.
She is so cool...40's married, got an English flyer from missionaries
awhile ago and called but they never answered so then just recently
she has a miscarriage and was pretty down and needed to do something
to help stress and what not so wanted to do English, called and got
us! She’s an artist! She gave us a ton of her brochures and even a huge
book with famous Koreans. and she’s in it! She’s so fun and we were able
to meet her twice this week. she doesn’t have much church background
but after making an appointment with us she said she had a dream with a
cross and she’s like i don’t know why cause I’m not religious but I think
it has something to do with meeting with you guys. Since she’s artist
she was open minded and willing to learn, she also knew someone who
studied English with us and is a member so she thinks very highly of
our church! We are so excited and hope to see her progress.

We started an activity with the ward, we are using Mosiah 18:21 and wanted to try
and unite the ward somehow so we made hearts with the scripture on one
side and then we are giving them to some members to start the chain,
they write a note on the other side to another member and then we
deliver to that member and they write a new one too...so its been fun
tracking people down and making them share the love :) Our Bishop liked
the idea and even named the project i don’t know exactly what its
called in English but basically "one heart".

We are expecting rainy season to start any day...it rained a while
last week just one night and up until we left the house so it was
perfect timing but other than that its just been sunny and swimming
through the thick air.

This morning I was walking here and thought dang my calves are really
tight...so I thought back to the week and said well yeah we’ve gone
running every day...except when it was peeing.   ( and when i first
thought that, it made perfect sense because rain in Korean sounds like
pee in English....so I threw in the Korean vocab into my English train
of thought and then I realized how weird that sounds.)

Well I have to go renew my visa today! How weird I’ve almost been here for a year!    

We had a little time after getting my Visa renewed and stopped off at this park for a little Study Time! (Sister Rovelsky)

  



Sis Rovelsky eating this ice/ice cream/red bean yummy dessert and since we were "Jesus people" the lady gave us free duk boggi! (I sent you chips that were that flavour)





















Our new Mission President is here! I think we will meet him on Friday.
ok bye.
love
me

No comments:

Post a Comment