Monday, July 23, 2012

July 9, 2012


July 9, 2012
 
Happy fourth of July! I didn’t know it was last week so I forgot to say
it then....but then we remembered and thought about the good ole US of
A. sounds like you were all lazy heads and missed the fireworks haha so
I guess I didn’t miss out on much.
We had a pretty good week. We had a good district meeting Wed and then
Friday morning we got to meet the new mission pres and his wife! His
wife is so funny we just love her already and she made us spaghetti,
rolls and salad! Wow that was semi strange but so so delicious. He is
very good too...I still have a hard time missing President Lee and his
happy smiling face, but Pres. Christensen is great.

This week we found 3 new investigators!  2 friends they are 20 ish and
fluent in English but its so cool cause they aren’t meeting to learn English!
We met one of them on the street and she said she’d meet again, and
then when we met she brought her friend! I was kinda worried that
maybe they didn’t understand why we wanted to meet and we were just
gonna go hang out but then I was talking to her friend and she said "I
don’t have religion, my family never has but I’ve heard your church’s name
before...can you tell me more about it?" haha um ....YES! so it went
pretty well in fact we met Sat and then yesterday again and they
accepted to a soft baptismal commitment! So hopefully they will
continue to progress well!  We cant see them this week though :( we
also met another guy he stayed in Utah with a member family so knows a
lot about the church. Hard thing is his parents are hard core Buddhist
so even though he believes in Jesus Christ he cant do much about
it...he said his mom has torn up every bible she’s found of his. we
tried to give Book of Mormon and he said he really wants to accept it but he
knows it wont go ok at home. But he is going to come to church next
week! So hopefully through coming to church and meeting with us he
will recognize that God will provide a way for him to join us.
That’s kind of the highlights of the week. I don’t have much time for anything
else :) ill try to go send pics really fast! I love you so so much!
take care and always traveling because, be safe!
LOVE
Richardson 자매                                                  Our Zone




No comments:

Post a Comment