Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18, 2012

Wow. what a week.
I wish I had miracles like crazy to share with you, but they're small
and I'm afraid only I know how to appreciate them, you are right,
I'm learning a lot and having good and bad experiences. I'm grateful
for all as long as I can learn from them...but some experiences I just
look at and wonder....what was the point of that...I don't get it.  I
feel like I found a lot of people here and they seem to have
potential...why else would they meet with us...but they just don't
progress...no interest..and then they are gone...and that's it.  I
guess I haven't quite figured out how to find the truly prepared
ones...maybe my mission will just be a seed planting one.

This week started with a sweet soccer game against another zone
hehe...they all bought matching jerseys and talked up a storm about
beating us...but they put me in goal and do you know how many balls
can get past a brick wall???? hehe. ok actually one can  but still
....it was fun....we had people come into the place and stand on the
outside of the fence watching in amazement foreigners trying to play
soccer...since i was the only girl out there they loved me the
most...every time i touched the ball I was cheered on like it was the
world cup...living the dream haha.

We came back and went to a bath house with our family ...they say in
Korea if you eat together and go to sauna..you are family. its so true,
as we were together we were all laughing and playing together and so
happy and  I kinda had one of those moments like...this is what God wants..
He just wants us to be happy!!! but its been hard to see them not progressing
 in the gospel which would bring them the most happiness. I thought the mom was
slowly but surely...but now I'm not sure...and I want to have faith in
her...but I'm afraid if I leave this area the next people will drop
them and they wont ever accept. I knew missions were hard...but I
didn't expect it in this way.

We got to meet one of our investigators I haven't seen in awhile..she
hurt her foot and, anyway it was so so good to see her, shes amazing
woman,  but shes had things happen in her life where she always just
asks "Why me?" as I thought about that question and how often it
probably comes out of everyone's mouth, I thought well we don't always
deserve things that are hard, but we don't always deserve the blessings
either....why don't people complain about getting blessing they don't
deserve too? I guess life's not fair...and I'm sure glad it's not. I prob
don't deserve any of the blessings I've received.




 
This Thursday we had our zone conference...mission presidents last
time to talk to the mission together. He will still be behind scenes
till end of month but we got to hear his last "last words"  it was
amazing and amazing hard all at the same time. 




I will miss them so much, but I think it will be interesting to have English speaking President
too. Since the conference started early and we had to go to that area to teach Mongolians we went up Tuesday night and taught them...stayed
night at other sisters house and were there for the conference it was way nice. We met 2 Mongolians, they are so nice lady's and one of them
has only been in Korea for 2 months and shes like fluent. I'm  jealous..in a non sinning way. k maybe a little sinning, but their language has similarities so I understand.

I cant believe we get transfer calls tonight. Everyone thinks I'm
leaving this area. Sis G says I'll open and train...that would be
fun...but yikes...I guess we will see...next week if  I say new
area...I wont lie ok.
Well I better get going. I love you so so much. please stay safe and
healthy. and feed the missionaries hehe something delicious, but don't
make them eat more if they are full. and maybe if you see them outside
and its hot...you should take them popcicles cause that's awfully nice
of you. :)
You are going to Roosevelt with out me. I understand. hehe. be safe!
sunscreen is now my friend so i will encourage you to wear it too.
good luck packing mom...don't stress... well you can stress a little
cause a little stress is actually good ( i just learned from health
doctor conference so you can believe me) but not too much! :)
LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
thanks for letter and magazine.  BYE!
Richardson 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment